01 1 / 2013
Whenever a student handed in an essay or paper on something historical or social studies related, I typically just glanced over the works cited page. I didn’t really look into things much unless I suspected plagiarism from the reading and I’m not big on requiring in-text citations.
I am trying out a new strategy with my next project. As students research, they are to write down the source information on a note card AND what information they are getting from this source. I remind them that they must put it in their own words as well. Then, I will collect these note cards and look them over to see where they got their information and what information they got from each source.
What are your thoughts and advice?
- everyonehasamrb reblogged this from owenmakesstuff
- tiaraschalkandpamphleteers reblogged this from edtechexp
- see-mary-teach reblogged this from girlwithalessonplan
- owenmakesstuff reblogged this from revolutionizeed and added:
- mcfear likes this
- shellbeth02 answered:Excellent strategy! I use note cards all the time for my high school health science class. It is a process with research.
- mathsbandit likes this
- zanmochi likes this
- ggrahamb reblogged this from girlwithalessonplan and added:
- notawalkintheparklove likes this
- dylansprouselover08 answered:ummmm, i dont like to read thts to long can u shorten it pwease thnx
- msjyune likes this
- alittlenonsensenow likes this
- truth-beauty-goodness likes this
- littlegreenpiyg likes this
- missn1 likes this
- starry-dreamer likes this
- incogeeko answered:My students have to follow an inquiry process. It’s so valuable for building critical evaluative skills that are transferable.
- ahookonthewind reblogged this from girlwithalessonplan
- spacecadetjon likes this
- ahookonthewind likes this
- meghanjh likes this
- vialivia likes this
- katrinabadina likes this
- g1ll1an likes this
- gothicangellu likes this
- girlwithalessonplan reblogged this from revolutionizeed and added:
- releasingtomorrowsgifts answered:Perhaps they can create note cards digitally?
- musicahumana reblogged this from smallercliffs and added:
- smallercliffs reblogged this from revolutionizeed and added:
- jsmn likes this
- redheadnerdgirl likes this
- revolutionizeed reblogged this from edtechexp and added:
- edtechexp posted this